Tuesday, November 9, 2004

Battambang

I had a nice update about my ferry ride from Siem Reap... but there was a foulup by the computer and I don't feel like retyping it. Suffice to say, it was an interesting ride. As they say "picturesque."

Battambang is a nice little town though. Cheaper and less touristy then Siem Reap. Took a ride down to a couple of the killing caves from the Khmer Rouge reign. The roads where typical Cambodian terrible, but it wasn't too far. Ended up with a tour guide who I gave a couple bucks to. He then led me back to his village where I met his grandparents and a slew of brothers/sisters/cousins. His grandfather even spoke French (but not English), so I was able to communicate with him a little (I knew those 4 years of French would pay off one day).

Headed out tomorrow morning to Pursat. There's a slew of bicyclists at the hotel who are headed the opposite direction as I am. Plus an older Dutch couple who are headed towards Saigon.

No comments: