Sunday, October 8, 2006

Recipes

My favorite recipes. As opposed to having scraps of paper floating around my kitchen, I thought I'd put them here. Sources of recipes are available in the links.


Pancakes

I use a half recipe.

* 1 cup flour
* 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 egg, slightly beaten
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1 Tbsp melted butter

Combine dry ingredients, then add milk, egg, and butter. Mix and cook.


French Toast

I use a quarter of the given recipe.

* 1 egg
* 1/4 tsp sugar
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 c milk
* 3 slices of bread

Mix ingredients in a shallow pan. Coat bread with mixture. Cook.


Ice Cream

I simplify this recipe a bit and don't use eggs.

* 1 1/2 c cream
* 1 1/2 c milk (I like to use the flavored milk they sell here)
* 3/4 c sugar

Mix ingredients and put them in a container. Put in freezer. Stir every hour for several hours.


Plov

Ok, so I haven't made any plov (aka osh, the National Food of Uzbekistan) yet. But soon. I went to an Uzbek cafe in Seoul a few weeks ago with one of my Peace Corps alums. And the plov was a delightful alternative to the daily white rice staple they serve here.

No comments: