Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Vacation plans

I finally got around to adding some pics. I'm off to Taiwan for a week on Saturday. This is definitely the best job I've had here, and the apartment is no exception. Most teacher's are crammed into officitels - small studio apartments / offices usually located in the midst of the business districts. Meanwhile, I have a spacious two-bedroom pad with a separate living room and an eat-in-kitchen with an oven (a rarity in Korea). I've managed to conjour up a home-made pizza, pancakes, French toast, and tortillas. The rainy season is nearing an end, but all in all, it hasn't been a very bad summer. Highs are usually in the mid-80s, with lots of humidity. I'll occasionally pop on the air con, but usually just get by with the fan.

That's all I have for now. I'll post about Korean customs and oddities in a few weeks, after I get back from vacation.

No comments: